Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Supplement your faith

It can be, of course, true that the more mindful you are of a certain thing, the more you begin to find how obvious it has been all along if you had been observant.  Five days ago, I published questions about the description and definition of faith.  Each day, my sensitivity to this word has grown to the place where I hear it clearly in other's passing conversation and see it boldly in random readings.

Today a friend shared, ''Faith: it does not make things easy... It makes them possible.' I like this.  It is comfy.
But (sigh), the reference was then given of Luke 1:37.  Luke 1:37 speaks of possibilities.  It brags on the sheer might of my Lord.  But faith?  

I searched forward and then backward a few verses.

Reading one verse alone is like gazing only at the hat of Frank Sinatra and calculating the moral nature to resonate from this performing gentleman.  While his fedora surely points (accurately) to a specific time and culture, character far exceeds appearance.  Similarly, one verse alone, may point to a specific conclusion but sure accuracy can not be gained without knowledge of the passage at large.

What a delight to read Luke chapter 1!  Go ahead.  Read it for yourself.  Faith?  I think so!

More faith verses that I am studying (in context of the larger passage, of course)...
Romans 1:17
Romans 10:17
Luke 24:32
2 Peter 1:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment